Coach Wheeler Avatar

Monday, August 13, 2012

Tool 11

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools. I will use the showme app in my IPC andf PHysics classroom. I am excited about this because it will allow me to see and hear a students cognitive process as he/she solves a problem. We use a specific set of steps to solve problems and this will allow me to find out if they have a break down in the process and how to fix it. I also like any of the tools that allow the students to create a product. Imovie, animoto, etc. 2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner? I have been leaning towards this type of learnig for a couple of years now. Last year I had a set of 20 ipods in the classroom and I was constantly looking for ways to use them in class. The newer devices with the cameras will allow even more possibilities for learning. I think the only resturucturing I need to do is finding the time for all the students to be able to get to each center during the week. 3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? I cant say I was surprised by too much in this program, I did however learn of a few new tools to use. That is always a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment